• To issue registration certificates within four working days (for small vessels under 24 metres) after the receipt of satisfactorily completed documents.
• On receipt of the signed carving and marking note, to issue the registration certificate within two working days (for merchant ships, pleasure vessels, fishing vessels and bareboat charter ships).
• Within seven days of the receipt of an application, to carry out an examination for a Boat Masters’ License (BML) – and to issue an appropriate certificate to any successful applicant.
• To issue the renewal BML within two working days.
• To commence surveys and inspections on the day requested if a minimum of one week’s notice is given.
• To complete the approval of plans or stability information documents within 28 days.
• To respond to letters, faxes and e-mails within three working days.
• To answer the telephone by the third ring. To carry out Port State Control (PSC) Inspection more than the target of 15% assigned under the Caribbean Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on PSC in the Caribbean Region.